BA (Hons) Business (HRM) (Top-Up)
If you have previously completed an HND in Business (or equivalent) then this Top-Up will enable you to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in Business (HRM). How do you get the best out of your staff?
How do you reward them? During this degree you will examine the well-established principles of Human Resources Management, while developing professional level skills that will help you get the job you want – as well as sound knowledge of the general business environment.
BA (Hons) Business (HRM) (Top-Up)
Speak to a Course Advisor
The overall aim of the Arden University BA (Hons) Business (HRM) is to enable students to acquire knowledge, understanding and a range of practical skills relating to the theory and practice of strategic HRM which are applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors, and in a variety of geographical and cultural settings. In particular it seeks to develop skills and understanding specific to Strategic HRM and the role of the HR function in a wide range of organizational contexts. Simultaneously students will develop a range of transferrable skills that will aid them as they pursue business careers or further relevant study. More specifically it will:
- ♦Enable students to build upon their areas of strength, career aspirations and current challenges, using innovative and flexible distance learning strategies.
- ♦Allow students to develop professional level skills in HRM, supplemented by an understanding of a range of associated business disciplines.
- ♦Promote understanding of the key aspects of current practice in the field of HRM while acknowledging current and emerging developments in related disciplines, local, national and international
- ♦Prepare students with the essential skills and tools to work professionally in any business environment and to be an effective and professional HR practitioners, when working independently and when collaborating with others as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- ♦Enable students to develop effective communication skills through a variety of media and presentational forms to specialist and non-specialist audiences wherever they may be
- ♦Prepare students to work within local, national and global settings and to appreciate the complexity of decision making in such contexts.
- ♦Develop an awareness of those entrepreneurial skills which best encourage the growth of enterprise and support the creation of new businesses
- ♦Provide a stimulating online academic environment in which students can develop confidence as practitioners, and as individuals who are part of a highly engaged community of learners and thereby to inspire students to become lifelong learners.
To be eligible for this course you should have:
♦ A HND in Business or equivalent, provided that your prior learning is consistent with Level 5 of the functional areas of business (Finance, Marketing, HRM and Operations Management)
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English:
♦ IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- ♦ Contemporary Management Issues
- ♦ Strategic Management
- ♦ Managing Self and Others
- ♦ Strategic Issues in HRM
- ♦ Research Methods and Dissertation
Assessments provide an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and so a variety of methods are used, these could include:
- ♦ Assignments
- ♦ Essays
- ♦ Presentations
- ♦ Case studies
- ♦ Portfolios of work
To support your development and ensure you are on the right track with your studies we will provide you with tutor feedback on every assessment you submit.
If required, your tutor can give you suggestions for improvement and help you understand how to apply your new skills into real life settings.
So, where can you go after University?
You could look into a large, well-established employer or a specialist agency. The jobs you might explore are:
♦ Careers Adviser
♦ Human Resources Officer
♦ Management Consultant
♦ Office Manager
♦ Recruitment Consultant
♦ Sales Executive
♦ Training and Development Officer
If you wish to apply, please click on the link below. Your application should take no longer than five minutes to complete. Please try and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.