BA (Hons) Business (Marketing) (Top-Up)
If you have previously completed an HND in Business (or equivalent) then this Top-Up will enable you to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in Business (Marketing).
Looking to develop your understanding of business? Keen to gain marketing skills? Then this is the course for you. This business degree focuses on skills and knowledge specific to marketing planning and strategy, and marketing communications, which can be applied across the world and in your choice of industry.
BA (Hons) Business (Marketing) (Top-Up)
Speak to a Course Advisor
The overall aim of the Arden University BA (Hons) Business (Marketing) is to enable students to acquire knowledge, understanding and a range of practical skills relating to key business and marketing disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors, local, national and international. In particular it seeks to develop skills and understanding specific to marketing planning and strategy, marketing communications and the role of marketers as sources of management intelligence to support effective decision making Simultaneously they will develop a range of transferrable skills that will aid them as they pursue business and marketing careers or further relevant study. More specifically it will:
- ♦Enable students to build upon their areas of strength, career aspirations and current challenges, using innovative and flexible distance learning strategies.
- ♦Allow students to develop professional level skills in business marketing, supplemented by an understanding of a range of business disciplines.
- ♦Promote understanding of the key aspects of current practice in the field of marketing while acknowledging current and emerging developments in the related disciplines, local, national and global.
- ♦Equip students with the essential skills and tools to work professionally in a business situation and to be creative and professional practitioners, when working independently and when collaborating with others as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- ♦Enable students to communicate effectively through a variety of media and presentational forms to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- ♦Equip students to work within multicultural settings and to appreciate the complexity of decision making in such contexts.
- ♦Develop an awareness of those entrepreneurial skills which best encourage the growth of enterprise and support the creation of new businesses
- ♦Provide a stimulating online academic environment in which students can develop confidence as practitioners, and as individuals who are part of a highly engaged community of learners and thereby to inspire students to become lifelong learners.
To be eligible for this course you should have:
♦ A HND in Business or equivalent, provided that your prior learning is consistent with Level 5 of the functional areas of business (Finance, Marketing, HRM and Operations Management)
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English:
♦ IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
♦ Contemporary Management Issues
♦ Strategic Management
♦ Managing Self and Others
♦ International Marketing
♦ Research Methods and Dissertation
Assessments provide an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and so a variety of methods are used, these could include:
♦ Case studies
♦ Portfolios of work
To support your development and ensure you are on the right track with your studies we will provide you with tutor feedback on every assessment you submit.
If required, your tutor can give you suggestions for improvement and help you understand how to apply your new skills into real life settings.
So, where can you go after University?
Generally, graduates have a much wider range of options available to them than just the subject matter of their degree.
Typical business graduate job titles:
♦ Business Manager
♦ Human Resources Manager
♦ Business Development Executive
♦ Business Analytics and Modelling Consultant
♦ Business Performance & Transformation Consultant
♦ Marketing Executive
♦ Operations Manager
♦ Retail Manager
Some of the Business graduates who studied through us have gone on to become:
♦ Brand Manager
♦ HR Manager
♦ Business Analyst
♦ Project Manager
♦ Communications Consultant
♦ Digital Marketing Specialist