BA (Hons) Business (Top-Up)
If you have previously completed an HND in Business (or equivalent) then this Top-Up will enable you to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in Business.
Delivered 100% online, this Top-Up will develop your management skills while exploring the internal and external business environment.
BA (Hons) Business (Top-Up)
Speak to a Course Advisor
The overall aim of the Arden University BA (Hons) Business is to enable students to acquire knowledge, understanding and a range of practical skills relating to key and inter-connected business and management disciplines which are applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors, local, national and global, and in a variety of geographical and cultural settings. Simultaneously students will develop a range of transferrable skills that will assist them in as they pursue business and management careers or further relevant study. More specifically it will:
- ♦Enable students to develop professional level skills and understanding across a range of business and management disciplines.
- ♦Emphasise understanding and responsiveness to change and consideration of the future of organizations and the external environment in which they operate.
- ♦Promote understanding of the key aspects of current practice and the interconnectedness of in the field of business and management while acknowledging current and emerging developments in related disciplines.
- ♦Equip students with the essential employability skills and tools to work professionally in a business environment and to be effective practitioners, when working independently and when collaborating with others as part of multidisciplinary and diverse teams.
- ♦Enable students to communicate effectively through a variety of media and presentational forms used in business.
- ♦Equip students to work within multicultural settings and to appreciate the complexity of decision making in such contexts.
- ♦Develop those entrepreneurial skills which best support the growth of enterprise and the creation of new businesses.
- ♦Provide an intellectually stimulating online academic environment in which students can develop confidence as independent learners and as members of an international community of learners and thereby inspire students to become lifelong learners.
To be eligible for this course you should have:
♦ An HND in Business or equivalent, provided that your prior learning is consistent with Level 5 of the functional areas of business (Finance, Marketing, HRM and Operations Management)
Students whose prior learning was not taught in English will need to demonstrate:
♦ IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
♦ Contemporary Management Issues
♦ Strategic Management
♦ Managing Self and Others
♦ International Management
♦ Research Methods and Dissertation
Assessments provide an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and so a variety of methods are used,
these could include:
♦ Case studies
♦ Portfolios of work
To support your development and ensure you are on the right track with your studies we will provide you with tutor feedback on every assessment you submit.
If required, your tutor can give you suggestions for improvement and help you understand how to apply your new skills into real life settings.
So, where can you go after University?
Generally, graduates have a much wider range of options available to them than just the subject matter of their degree.
Typical business graduate job titles:
♦ Business Manager
♦ Human Resources Manager
♦ Business Development Executive
♦ Business Analytics and Modelling Consultant
♦ Business Performance & Transformation Consultant
♦ Marketing Executive
♦ Operations Manager
♦ Retail Manager
Some of the Business graduates who studied through us have gone on to become:
♦ Brand Manager
♦ HR Manager
♦ Business Analyst
♦ Project Manager
♦ Communications Consultant
♦ Digital Marketing Specialist