What Will I Learn?
Held by over 1million IT professionals worldwide, CompTIA A+ is the most essential IT certification for establishing an IT career. If you’re new to the IT industry, this will help you put your best foot forward. And if you’re already an IT professional, the CompTIA A+ certification validates your skills and can boost your career.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
This course is designed to teach you the following:
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers PC hardware and peripherals
- Mobile device hardware
- Networking and troubleshooting hardware
- Network connectivity issues
- Installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux
- Security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures
Who is it for?
- This course is ideal for anyone new to the IT industry or anyone currently working in the IT industry who want to get certified to boost their career prospective
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
- It is recommended that anyone sitting theCompTIA 220-801 or JK0-801 A+ Essentials exam has 6 to 12 months’ hands-on experience in the lab or field.
This online training course is comprehensive and is designed to cover the key topics listed under the course curriculum section below. This course has been designed for 18 guided learning hours.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in CompTIA 220-801 or JK0-801 A+ Essentials.
The Method of Assessment:
- [There are 2 exams which must be completed, CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 (Academy customers use the same codes)
- You must take (and pass) exams from the same series, either: 801 and 802 OR 901 and 902. Mixing exams from different series will NOT earn you the CompTIA A+ certification.
- The exams have a maximum of 90 questions and are either multiple choice, drag and drop or performance based.
- The passing score is: 220-901: 675 (on a scale of 900), 220-902: 700 (on a scale of 900).
- The exams can be taken in the following languages:English, German, Japanese and Spanish (Modern)]
It is recommended that anyone sitting the CompTIA 220-801 or JK0-801 A+ Essentials exam has 6 to 12 months’ hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Please note: The official exam is not included and must be purchased separately.
The exam can be purchased here>https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
This course would be beneficial to the following careers:
- Remote Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Bench/Depot Technician
- PC Technician
|1. introduction to it certification and personal computers|
|Introduction to IT Certification and Personal Computers – Part 1||00:40:00|
|Introduction to IT Certification and Personal Computers – Part 2||00:30:00|
|2. identifying internal hardware components|
|Identifying Internal Hardware Components – Part 1||00:46:00|
|Identifying Internal Hardware Components – Part 2||00:44:00|
|Identifying Internal Hardware Components – Part 3||00:50:00|
|Identifying Internal Hardware Components – Part 4||00:50:00|
|3. working with storage|
|Working with Storage – Part 1||00:00:00|
|Working with Storage – Part 2||00:45:00|
|Working with Storage – Part 3||00:37:00|
|Working with Storage – Part 4||00:36:00|
|4. exploring hardware capabilities|
|Exploring Hardware Capabilities – Part 1||00:38:00|
|Exploring Hardware Capabilities – Part 2||00:51:00|
|Exploring Hardware Capabilities – Part 3||00:58:00|
|5. how to work with peripheral devices and laptop computers|
|How to work with Peripheral Devices – Part 1||00:54:00|
|How to work with Peripheral Devices – Part 2||00:41:00|
|How to work with Peripheral Devices – Part 3||00:51:00|
|How to work with Peripheral Devices – Part 4||00:33:00|
|Exploring Laptop Computers||00:54:00|
|6. definitions of computer networking and operational procedures|
|Definitions of Computer Networking – Part 1||00:56:00|
|Definitions of Computer Networking – Part 2||00:51:00|
|Definitions of Computer Networking – Part 3||00:41:00|
|Definitions of Computer Networking – Part 4||00:30:00|
|Defining Operational Procedures||00:27:00|
|Mock Exam: CompTIA A+ (220-801 or JK0-801)||01:00:00|