What Will I Learn?
Would you like to achieve an excellent online accredited CompTIA qualification, which will demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge? Look no further than this fantastic CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) course.
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Practice Lab will provide you with the necessary platform to gain hands-on skills in advanced IT security. By completing the lab tasks, you will improve your practical skills in enterprise security, risk management and incident response, research, analysis and assessment, integration of computing, communications and business disciplines and technical integration of enterprise components. These same tasks will help you understand the objectives and competencies required by the CompTIA CASP (CAS-002) certification exam.
The CompTIA CASP certification (CAS-002) is an advanced certificate aimed at IT professionals with 10 years’ experience in IT administration, including 5 years of hands-on technical security experience. However, no prior hands on experience is required to use or complete this Practice Lab. This Practice Lab focuses on the practical aspects of the CASP (CAS-002) exam objectives. It is therefore advised to refer to your own course materials to gain a deeper understanding of any theoretical aspects of the exam objectives.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More emphasis on analysing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defence needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
- Gain an accredited CompTIA qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Security and Risk Management Support Materials
- Module 02: Encryption and Hashing
- Module 03: Installing Wireshark
- Module 04: Analyzing Captured Traffic
- Module 05: Analyzing Protocols
- Module 06: Packet Sniffing with Wireshark
- Module 07: Configuring MBSA Scanner
- Module 08: Compliance Patching
- Module 09: Windows Command Line Tools
- Module 10: Passive Topology Discovery
- Module 11: Configuring IPtables
- Module 12: Installing Kali Linux
- Module 13: Configure and Verify IPv4 and IPv6 Access Lists for Traffic Filtering
- Module 14: Implement SSL VPN using ASA Device Manager
- Module 15: SCCM Configuration Items and Baselines
- Module 16: Administering and Deploying Endpoint Protection
- Module 17: Manage Role-based Security
- Module 18: Implement Backup and Recovery
- Module 19: BitLocker on Portable Media
- Module 20: Upgrading and Securing SSH Connection
- Module 21: Installation and Verification of Snort
- Module 22: Two Factor Authenication with SSH
- Module 23: Managing Remote Desktop
- Module 24: Configuring and Securing IIS
- Module 25: Scanning and Remediating Vulnerabilities with OpenVAS
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Method of Assessment:
- Exam Codes: CAS-002 / CAS-003
- Number of Questions: 90
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice and performance based
- Length of Test: 165 minutes
- Passing Score: Pass / fail only
- Languages: English
If you would like to gain an official certificate, you will need to purchase and sit the official exam separately. You can purchase the official exam here:
Candidates for this exam should have a minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
Successful learners will be awarded a CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certificate.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. With more than 2,000,000 IT certifications issued worldwide, CompTIA is dedicated to helping IT professionals lead the charge in our digitally connected world. Through professional certifications, educational programs, research, networking events, philanthropy and public policy advocacy, CompTIA is dedicated to helping advance the IT industry.
- Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT
Upon successful completion of the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) course you could go on to study other CompTIA professional qualifications.
- Security Architect (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £57,478)
- Technical Analyst (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £29,455)
- Application Security Engineer (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £28,696)
- Security Engineer (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £25,664)
If you would like a free trial of this product then please complete the form below:
|1: security and risk management support materials|
|2: encryption and hashing|
|3: installing wireshark|
|4: analyzing captured traffic|
|5: analyzing protocols|
|6: packet sniffing with wireshark|
|7: configuring mbsa scanner|
|8: compliance patching|
|9: windows command line tools|
|10: passive topology discovery|
|11: configuring iptables|
|12: installing kali linux|
|13: configure and verify ipv4 and ipv6 access lists for traffic filtering|
|14: implement ssl vpn using asa device manager|
|15: sccm configuration items and baselines|
|16: administering and deploying endpoint protection|
|17: manage role-based security|
|18: implement backup and recovery|
|19: bitlocker on portable media|
|20: upgrading and securing ssh connection|
|21: installation and verification of snort|
|22: two factor authenication with ssh|
|23: managing remote desktop|
|24: configuring and securing iis|
|25: scanning and remediating vulnerabilities with openvas|
No Reviews found for this course.