What Will I Learn?
Would you like to achieve an excellent online accredited CompTIA qualification, which will demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge? Look no further than this fantastic CompTIA Security + course.
CompTIA Practice Lab courses demonstrate a high level of skill, and have been expertly created for IT professionals who hope to become certified. To gain a CompTIA certification, you’ll need to take a theory course, and a Practice Lab course. This Global Edulink CompTIA Security+ Practice Lab will provide excellent training which will guarantee your success in your chosen exam. For those hoping to take the CompTIA Security+ exam, this Practice Lab is a must.
The CompTIA Security+ Practice Lab will provide you with the necessary platform to gain hands on skills in security / vulnerability management and technologies. By completing the lab tasks you will improve your practical skills in security threats, network security, securing application data, manage access control, manage security threats, security compliance, cryptography and protocols & services. These same tasks will help you understand the objectives and competencies required by the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) certification exam.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- This course establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs
- Security + incorporates the best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills
- Cybersecurity professionals who are Security + certified know how to address security incidents – not just identify them
- Gain an accredited CompTIA qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Threats-Trojans and Malware Protection
- Module 02: Application Data- Establish Host Security
- Module 03: Network Security – Protocol Analyzers
- Module 04: Threats-Network Vulnerabilities
- Module 05: Threats-Vulnerability Scanning
- Module 06: Cryptography – PKI Concepts
- Module 07: Cryptography – Certificate Management
- Module 08: Application Data- Application Security
- Module 09: Access Control-RADIUS
- Module 10: Application Module Data- Transitive Trust and Authentication
- Module 11: Compliance – User Rights and Permissions
- Module 12: Network Security – Routers
- Module 13: Network Security – Routing Protocols
- Module 14: Network Security – Firewall Rule Based Management
- Module 15: Network Security – Firewalls
- Module 16: Network Security – Spam Filter
- Module 17: Protocols and Services – IPSec
- Module 18: Protocols and Services – DNS
- Module 19: Threats- DNS Poisoning
- Module 20: Protocols and Services – SNMP
- Module 21: Protocols and Services – iSCSI
- Module 22: Threats – Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
- Module 23: Compliance – Patching
- Module 24: Application Data- Data Encryption
- Module 25: Compliance – Backup Execution and Frequency
- Module 26: Cryptography – Transport Encryption
- Module 27: Network Security – Load Balancers
- Module 28: Network Security – Cloud Computing
- Module 29: Compliance – RAID
- Module 30: Compliance – Clustering
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Method of Assessment:
- Exam Codes: SY0-401 / SY0-501
- Number of Questions: 90 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance based
- Length of Test: 90 Minutes per exam
- Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
- Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese
If you would like to gain an official certificate, you will need to purchase and sit the official exam separately. You can purchase the official exam here: https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/security.
It is recommended that participants hoping to take this exam should have two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus.
Successful learners will be awarded a CompTIA Security + certificate.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world. With more than 2,000,000 IT certifications issued worldwide, CompTIA is dedicated to helping IT professionals lead the charge in our digitally connected world. Through professional certifications, educational programs, research, networking events, philanthropy and public policy advocacy, CompTIA is dedicated to helping advance the IT industry.
- Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT
- Before attempting the CompTIA Security + exam, you should hold a CompTIA Network+ certificate
Upon successful completion of the CompTIA Security + course you could go on to study other CompTIA professional qualifications. Alternatively, you could begin working as any of the following:
- Systems Administrator (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £25,664)
- Network Administrator (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £25,269)
- Security Administrator (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £21,751)
- Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £36,157)
- Security Specialist (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £44,388)
- Security Consultant (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £40,038)
- Security Engineer (average UK yearly salary according to payscale.com: £25,740)
|1: threats-trojans and malware protection|
|2: application data- establish host security|
|3: network security - protocol analyzers|
|4: threats-network vulnerabilities|
|5: threats-vulnerability scanning|
|6: cryptography - pki concepts|
|7: cryptography - certificate management|
|8: application data- application security|
|9: access control-radius|
|10: application data- transitive trust and authentication|
|11: compliance - user rights and permissions|
|12: network security - routers|
|13: network security - routing protocols|
|14: network security - firewall rule based management|
|15: network security - firewalls|
|16: network security - spam filter|
|17: protocols and services - ipsec|
|18: protocols and services - dns|
|19: threats- dns poisoning|
|20: protocols and services - snmp|
|21: protocols and services - iscsi|
|22: threats - mitigation and deterrent techniques|
|23: compliance - patching|
|24: application data- data encryption|
|25: compliance - backup execution and frequency|
|26: cryptography - transport encryption|
|27: network security - load balancers|
|28: network security - cloud computing|
|29: compliance - raid|
|30: compliance - clustering|
No Reviews found for this course.