What Will I Learn?
Are you a healthcare professional looking to improve the standard of care or awareness within your care? Or, are you new to the healthcare industry and want to gain an understanding of diabetes awareness to in order to provide an excellent standard of care?
The Diploma in Diabetes Awareness – Level 3 course has been designed to support healthcare professionals who want to gain an understanding about diabetes or want to provide care for people with the disease.
By investing in your education you can reap the long-term benefits of job satisfaction, and a negotiating platform to demand for a promotion or higher salary. In addition, learning to provide the right care will empower individuals working around you, and help bring about true and lasting change.
What will you learn?
- Learn about diabetes
- Learn how to treat the condition
- Understand the impact of diabetes
- Monitor the disease and learn about complications
- How to support people with diabetes
Why study at Global Edulink?
Global Edulink offers the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in an IT or corporate environment. You can study at your own pace at Global Edulink and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience more rewarding.
Module 01: What is Diabetes
Module 02: Other Types of Diabetes
Module 03: Medications
Module 04: Avoiding Diabetes
Module 05: Symptoms
Module 06: Maintaining a Healthy Life
Module 07: Being Healthy
- Access to the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years experience
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Support by email, phone and live chat
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Basic knowledge of English, Maths and ICT
- Anyone who is interested in expanding their knowledge in diabetes
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness of diabetes
- Care assistants
- Support workers
- Nursing Home staff
- Residential Home staff
- Temporary Nurses
- Home Care workers
- Social Care workers
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you will have unlimited access 24/7. You have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course, and you can do it from anywhere, anytime.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
If it is an official exam you will have to purchase it separately on the relevant website.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the Diploma in Diabetes Awareness – Level 3.
The certificate will be awarded by CPD and iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the healthcare industry.
Career Path and Salary
Once you successfully complete the exam you will be qualified to work in the following position.
- Healthcare Assistant – average UK hourly salary: £7.31
- National Health Service employees – average UK yearly salary: £25,000
(Average salaries are according to payscale.com)
Typical Duties of the Job
- Recording the patient’s condition
- Monitoring and observing the patient
- Communicating with the patient’s relatives or carer
- Assisting with clinical duties
- Promoting positive mental and physical health
What other jobs can you get?
- Senior Healthcare Assistant
- Healthcare Professional
|1: what is diabetes|
|What is Diabetes||00:00:00|
|2: other types of diabetes|
|Other Types of Diabetes||00:00:00|
|4: avoiding diabetes|
|6: maintaining a healthy life|
|Maintaining a Healthy Life||00:00:00|
|7: being healthy|
|Mock Exam: Diploma in Diabetes Awareness – Level 3||01:00:00|
|Exam: Diploma in Diabetes Awareness – Level 3||01:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.