Dog grooming has become a huge industry over the last few years, and is now worth just under five million pounds in the UK, and with the average brit spending £95 a month on their furry friend, there has never been a better time to become a Dog Groomer. So if you love dogs, and want to turn this passion into a lucrative business, why not take this Diploma in Dog Grooming?
This Diploma in Dog Grooming has been created by experts within the dog grooming industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: pet safety, first aid, anatomy and the types of coat, and the common coat disorders. You’ll develop your own dog grooming technique, and will gain a lot of hands on practice.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Develop your own dog grooming technique
- Understand how to safely work with dogs
- Learn the proper first aid procedures
- Understand dog anatomy and the types of coat
- Learn to groom various kinds of coat
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is ideally suited towards anyone hoping to become a Dog Groomer, whether you hope to work in an existing dog grooming parlour, or if you hope to establish your own dog grooming business.
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Introduction to Grooming
- Module 02: Safe Set up Procedure for Grooming
- Module 03: Pet Safety Procedures
- Module 04: First aid
- Module 05: Dog’s Common Skin and Coat Disorders
- Module 06: Scabies, Otitis, Conjunctivitis, and Plaque
- Module 07: Grooming Tools
- Module 08: Hygiene and Disinfection Procedures
- Module 09: How to Dog Groomers Approach Dogs
- Module 10: Anatomy & types of coat
- Module 11: Standard Dog Grooming Styles
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Dog Grooming Essentials.
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Progression and Career Path:
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Dog Groomer (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
Typical duties include:
- Preparing equipment for clients
- Chatting with clients and booking appointments
- Bathing dogs and getting them ready for grooming
- Grooming dogs coat
- Clipping dogs coats and claws
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Veterinary Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
(Average salaries are according to payscale.com)
|1: introduction to grooming|
|Introduction to Grooming||00:00:00|
|2: safe set up procedure for grooming|
|Safe Set up Procedure for Grooming||00:00:00|
|3: pet safety|
|4: pet safety procedures|
|Pet Safety Procedures||00:00:00|
|5: dog's common skin and coat disorders|
|Dog’s Common Skin and Coat Disorders||00:00:00|
|6: scabies, otitis, conjunctivitis, and plaque|
|Scabies, Otitis, Conjunctivitis, and Plaque||00:00:00|
|7: grooming tools|
|8: hygiene and disinfection procedures|
|Hygiene and Disinfection Procedures||00:00:00|
|9: how to dog groomers approach dogs|
|How to Dog Groomers Approach Dogs||00:00:00|
|10: anatomy & types of coat|
|Anatomy & types of coat||00:00:00|
|11: standard dog grooming styles|
|Standard Dog Grooming Styles||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Diploma in Dog Grooming||01:00:00|
|Exam: Diploma in Dog Grooming||01:00:00|