To improve your chances of gaining well-paid employment as a Receptionist, enrol on Global Edulink’s Diploma in Professional Receptionist. Developing your skills and gaining a formal, recognised qualification will impress existing and future employers and aid your career development.
This course is suitable for those who are seeking their first receptionist role, someone who has just begun working as a receptionist or someone who is an experienced receptionist. This online course will suit all levels of experience and will enable you to succeed as a Receptionist. As a leading qualification provider, Global Edulink can help you to enhance your natural abilities and experience in reception, switchboard and clerical duties, and demonstrate that you are willing and able to improve yourself and achieve professional development.
Unlike many distance learning course providers, Global Edulink are dedicated to ensuring that you feel supported throughout your studies. By studying with us you will have access not only to all of the course materials you require (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year) but also to a supportive team to help develop your confidence and keep you motivated to learn and complete your course. This course is comprised of professionally-narrated e-tutorials, interactive quizzes and tests, plus a final exam. Step-by-step videos will help you to fully understand the course content and to be able to apply your new knowledge to real-life situations upon qualification.
The course consists of 75 hours of guided learning (all of which is online and available to access all day, every day – whenever is convenient to you) and is delivered in three units:
- Unit 1: Developing customer service skills (including how to welcome guests correctly and professionally, how to create a powerful and positive first impression, how to handle difficult customers, identifying customer needs and listening effectively)
- Unit 2: Telephone handling and administrative skills (including database management, using Opera PMS V5 software for checking-in and checking-out guests and managing meetings including minute-taking)
- Unit 3: Business communication skills (including producing business documents, technical writing skills, computing skills for Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook)
During your course, you will also be taught crucial job-finding skills such as CV, personal statement and cover letter writing and interview techniques to maximise your chances of securing gainful employment.
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a sound educational background or reception experience would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Successful candidates will be awarded Diploma in Professional Receptionist.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your grade will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful. Successful students will be awarded a Diploma in Professional Receptionist Training, which is a recognised qualification.
This course would be ideal for those hoping to become:
- A Receptionist
- A Medical Receptionist
|Course Materials Receptionist Training||00:00:00|
|1: professional receptionist training course objectives|
|Professional Receptionist Training Course Objectives||00:00:00|
|2: the 90: 90 principle to create a powerful first impression|
|The 90: 90 Principle to create a powerful first impression||00:22:00|
|3: hot telephone tips|
|Hot Telephone Tips||00:12:00|
|4: get the facts- ask the right questions|
|Get the facts- ask the right questions||00:21:00|
|5: discuss solutions- learning to listen|
|Discuss Solutions- learning to listen||00:10:00|
|6: dealing with difficult customers|
|Dealing with difficult customers||00:20:00|
|7: practice good telephone skills|
|Practice good telephone skills||00:00:00|
|8: managing database and company files|
|Managing database and company files||00:00:00|
|9: booking or reservation procedure|
|Booking or Reservation procedure||00:00:00|
|10: deal effectively with security and safety issues|
|Deal effectively with security and safety issues||00:00:00|
|11: meeting arrangements|
|12: successful meetings & minutes|
|Successful Meetings & Minutes||00:00:00|
|13: organising a meeting|
|Organising a Meeting||00:00:00|
|14: arranging business travel and accommodation|
|Arranging Business Travel and Accommodation||00:00:00|
|15: email tutorial|
|16: how to use social media to promote your company|
|How to use Social Media to promote your company||00:00:00|
|17: how to write a formal letter|
|How to write a formal letter||00:00:00|
|18: how to write business memo|
|How to write Business Memo||00:00:00|
|19: business writing and memos|
|Business Writing and Memos||00:00:00|
|20: minute taking|
|21: taking minutes|
|22: microsoft excel tutorial|
|Microsoft Excel Tutorial||00:00:00|
|23: ms powerpoint tips|
|MS PowerPoint Tips||00:00:00|
|24: ms word tips & tricks|
|MS Word Tips & Tricks||00:00:00|
|25: microsoft outlook|
|Mock Exam: Diploma in Professional Receptionist||00:15:00|
|Exam: Diploma in Professional Receptionist||01:00:00|