What Will I Learn?
Individuals who proceed to Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training have acquired the tips and techniques of the Green Belt and has delivered numerous of projects achieving quantifiable results. Learners will gain deeper analysis in terms of tools and techniques and how to change and influence stakeholders and the management. Gain an understanding and build competency in 5 phases which include Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control. (DMAIC)
Professionals who have received the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training have a comprehensive understanding of the methodology and can lead projects on a full-time basis. They have the skills to perform and interpret tools and standard principles.
The course will help individuals to lead and successfully execute projects by using the DMAIC methodology. In most organisations the Black Belt will help individuals move onto positions of leadership and management. You will have the ability to take on multiple projects, set organisational goals and use statistical tools to solve problems.
Who is it for?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is most beneficial for organisations that encourage employees to take up quality projects and ensure efficiency in all business/industry processes. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is planned to meet the requirements of the professionals:
- Senior Management
- Management students
- Team leaders
- Software Professionals
- If a company intends to implement Six Sigma, then the management of the company needs to be trained
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Software Quality Assurance team members
This online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training course has been designed for 18 guided learning hours. Following course outline will provide you an idea about main topics areas are covered in this course.
- Learn how to implement Six Sigma Black Belt level projects within your organisation
- Gain an understanding in the methodology of Black Belt level
- Identify customer’s needs and requirements
- Understand the role of customers in success deployment
- Learn how to develop a strategy while incorporating Six Sigma approach
- Learn how to apply DMAIC to Black Belt level issues
- Learn how to perform data analysis at Black Belt level
Method of Assessment:
After you have familiarised yourself with the Six Sigma terminology, have a good understanding of 5 phases, have successfully passed any mock exams you should be ready to take the final exam.
- Number of questions: 150 Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration: 4 hours
- Pass mark: 70%
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 580 points out of a total potential of 750 points
- There is no limitation or time restriction on examination retakes. Need to pay retake exam fee separately each retake
- All questions are multiple choice
- Results are sent within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam papers
- Type of Exam: Proctored exam based
- The sole objective of the exams is to measure knowledge not work or project experience
All exams are available in English. IASSC Certified Black Belt exams are also available in French.
All IASSC exams are closed book exams. IASSC provides a Reference Document, that contains all formulas and tables one will need during the examination. You can download the Reference Document here: IASSC Reference Document.
For those who wish to sit the exam, it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program.
It is also recommended, although not required, that those sitting for the exam have some degree of real-world Lean Six Sigma work experience and project application experience.
This course package includes the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt official Exam and you do not need to purchase exam separately. Please contact our Help Desk for further information.
Entry Requirements for the exam:
- In order to become IASSC Black Belt certified, it is not necessary to be Green Belt certified beforehand, or have prior industry experience, or complete and submit projects as part of the Black Belt certification assessment.
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course
The exam syllabus is based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge (ILSSBOK), developed as a result of research conducted over a two-year period, among 1000 companies.
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate (IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB), suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, PeopleCert.
This certification enables you to fill a variety of positions, such as:
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Process Development Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Project Engineer
- Director, Performance Excellence
Benefits of achieving the Six Sigma Certification
- Differentiate yourself
- Demonstrate your commitment to on going education and professional standards
- Increase your marketability
- Promote best practice in your field
|1. organization planning and deployment|
|Organization Planning and Deployment||01:49:00|
|2. leadership skills|
|3. organizational process and management|
|Organizational Process and Management||00:47:00|
|4. team working and management|
|Team Working and Management||02:05:00|
|5. define phase|
|Overview of the Define Phase and the Voice of the Customer||01:33:00|
|Business Case and Project Charter||00:45:00|
|6. measure phase|
|Process Analysis And Documentation-Part 1||00:46:00|
|Process Analysis And Documentation-Part 2||01:32:00|
|Process Analysis And Documentation-Part 3||00:00:00|
|Measurement Systems Part – 1||00:00:00|
|Measurement Systems Part – 2||00:00:00|
|Basic Statistics – Part 1||00:00:00|
|Basic Statistics – Part 2||00:00:00|
|7. analyse phase|
|Measuring and Modelling Relationships||00:28:00|
|Additional Analysis Methods||01:48:00|
|8. improve phase|
|Design Of Experiments – Part 1||00:44:00|
|Design Of Experiments – Part 2||02:02:00|
|Lean Methodology & Implementation||00:00:00|
|9. control phase|
|Statistical Process Control (SPC)||00:28:00|
|Maintain Controls & DFSS System||00:45:00|
|exam preparation and key concepts|
|Prep And Key Concepts-Part 1||00:30:00|
|Prep And Key Concepts-Part 2||00:00:00|
|Prep And Key Concepts-Part 3||00:00:00|
|Prep And Key Concepts-Part 4||00:00:00|
|Prep And Key Concepts-Part 5||00:00:00|
|official exam supporting documents|
|Black Belt Exam||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt||04:00:00|
|book your official exam|
|EXAM BOOKINGS – SIX SIGMA||00:00:00|