Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Information:
Based on today’s need for independent, globally recognised certification, the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) has developed the IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB) Exam, designed to measure an individual’s knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Method of Assessment:
After you have familiarised yourself with the Six Sigma terminology, have a good understanding of the 5 phases, and have successfully passed any mock exams, you should be ready to take the final exam.
- Number of questions: 150 Multiple Choice Questions
Duration: 4 hours
Pass mark: 70%
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 580 points out of a total potential of 750 points
- There is no limitation or time restriction on examination retakes. Need to pay retake exam fee separately each retake
- All questions are multiple choice
- Results are sent within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam papers
- Type of Exam: Proctored exam based
- The sole objective of the exams is to measure knowledge not work or project experience
All exams are available in English. IASSC Certified Black Belt exams are also available in French.
All IASSC exams are closed book exams. IASSC provides a Reference Document, that contains all formulas and tables one will need during the examination. You can download the Reference Document here: IASSC Reference Document.
For those who wish to sit the exam, it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program.
It is also recommended, although not required, that those sitting the exam have some degree of real-world Lean Six Sigma work experience and project application experience.
- In order to become IASSC Black Belt certified, it is not necessary to be Green Belt certified beforehand, or have prior industry experience, or complete and submit projects as part of the Black Belt certification assessment.
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam.
The exam syllabus is based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge (ILSSBOK), developed as a result of research conducted over a two-year period, among 1000 companies.
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate (IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB), suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, PEOPLECERT.
This certification to fill a variety of positions such as:
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Process Development Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Project Engineer
- Director, Performance Excellence
Benefits of achieving the Six Sigma Certification
- Differentiate yourself
- Demonstrate your commitment to ongoing education and professional standards
- Increase your marketability
- Promote best practice in your field
|official exam supporting documents|
|Black Belt Exam||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam : Lean Six Sigma Black Belt||FREE||00:00:00|
|book your exam|
|EXAM BOOKINGS – SIX SIGMA||00:00:00|