Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam Information
Based on today’s need for independent, globally recognised certification, the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) has developed the IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICGB) Exam, designed to measure a person’s knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Method of Assessment:
After you have familiarised yourself with the Six Sigma terminology, have a good understanding of 5 phases and have successfully passed any mock exams you should be ready to take the final exam.
- Number of questions: 100 Multiple Choice Questions
Duration: 3 hours
Pass mark: 70%
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICGB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 385 points out of a total 500 points (Candidates need a 70% score to pass the exam. Questions are marked based on a difficulty level of 1-3)
- There is no limitation or time restriction on examination retakes. Need to pay retake exam fee separately each retake
- All questions are multiple choice
- Results are sent within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam papers
- Type of Exam: Proctored exam based
All exams are available in English. IASSC Certified Green Belt exams are also available in French.
All IASSC exams are closed book exams. IASSC provides a Reference Document, that contains all formulas and tables one will need during the examination. You can download the Reference Document here: IASSC Reference Document.
For those who wish to sit for the exam it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program.
It is also recommended, although not required, that those sitting for the exam have some degree of real-world Lean Six Sigma work experience and project application experience.
Entry Requirements for the exam:
- The sole objective of the exams is to measure knowledge not work or project experience.
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam.
The exam syllabus is based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge (ILSSBOK), developed as a result of research conducted over a two-year period, among 1000 companies.
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate (IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICGB), suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, PEOPLECERT.
This certification to fill a variety of positions such as:
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Process Development Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Project Engineer
- Director, Performance Excellence
Benefits of achieving the Six Sigma Certification
- Differentiate yourself
- Demonstrate your commitment to ongoing education and professional standards
- Increase your marketability
- Promote best practice in your field
|official exam supporting documents|
|Green Belt Exam||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam : Lean Six Sigma Green Belt||FREE||00:00:00|
|book your exam|
|EXAM BOOKINGS – SIX SIGMA||00:00:00|