What Will I Learn?
Six Sigma is used as a business strategy in many industrial sectors. It was first introduced by Bill Smith, an engineer who was working at Motorola. It is a set of techniques and tools to improve processes. Each project that applies the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt follows specific steps and value targets within an organisation. There are many specific value targets that this training can be applied to, for example, reduce costs and increase profits. Gain an understanding and build competency in 5 phases which include Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control. (DMAIC)
The Six Sigma terminology originated from Motorola when its products were free of defects and this word became the goal for management to achieve defect-free products. This course explains its concepts by describing vividly real-world examples and experiences. Learners will gain in-depth knowledge on all elements of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt standard principles and tools. Learners will gain an understanding of real life applications used in cases in different industries.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt will possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of on DMAIC methodology, and how to perform and interpret the tools and techniques and how to apply standard principles of Lean.
Who is it for?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training is appropriate for a wide range of positions including: Managers, Consultants, Change Agents, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Facilitators, team members, and anyone involved in Lean Six Sigma projects.
This online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training course has been designed for 25-30 guided learning hours. Following course outline will provide you an idea about main topics areas are covered in this course.
Following completion of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training, you will be able to:
- Learn how to implement Lean Six Sigma within your organisation
- Gain an understanding of DMAIC methodology
- Identify and improve projects in the Define Phase
- The Measure phase will see learners measure process and products
- Learn how to identify customers voice, their needs and requirements
- Understand the role in success deployment
- Learn how to develop a Six Sigma approach strategy to apply to projects
Method of Assessment:
After you have familiarised yourself with the Six Sigma terminology, have a good understanding of the 5 phases, and have successfully passed any mock exams you should be ready to take the final exam.
- Number of questions: 100 Multiple Choice Questions
Duration: 3 hours
Pass mark: 70%
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICGB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 385 points out of a total 500 points (Candidates need a 70% score to pass the exam. Questions are marked based on a difficulty level of 1-3)
- There is no limitation or time restriction on examination retakes. Need to pay retake exam fee separately each retake
- All questions are multiple choice
- Results are sent within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam papers
- Type of Exam: Proctored exam based
All exams are available in English. IASSC Certified Green Belt exams are also available in French.
All IASSC exams are closed book exams. IASSC provides a Reference Document, that contains all formulas and tables one will need during the examination. You can download the Reference Document here: IASSC Reference Document.
For those who wish to sit the exam it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program.
It is also recommended, although not required, that those sitting the exam have some degree of real-world Lean Six Sigma work experience and project application experience.
This course package includes Lean Six Sigma Green Belt official Exam and you do not need to purchase the exam separately. Please contact our Help Desk for further information.
Entry Requirements for the exam:
- The sole objective of the exams is to measure knowledge not work or project experience.
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
The exam syllabus is based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge (ILSSBOK), developed as a result of research conducted over a two-year period, among 1000 companies.
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate (IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICGB), suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, PEOPLECERT.
With this course in Six Sigma Green Belt + Official Exam, you can greatly improve your candidature to stand apart from the many other candidates in the job market. This course will also aid you in your career progression by putting you in line to demand for salary increments and job promotions from your employer. Mentioned below are some of the job roles this course will qualify you for, along with the average UK salary per annum according to www.payscale.uk,
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer – £39,132 per annum
- Process Engineer – £31,963 per annum
- Structural Engineer – £29,980 per annum
- Reliability Engineer – £38,099 per annum
- Senior IT Project Manager – £59,597 per annum
- Warehouse Operations Manager – £25,005 per annum
- Business Process Manager – £39,109 per annum
- Data Scientist – £35,735 per annum
- Project Engineer – £32,396 per annum
- Performance Improvement Manager – £35,991 per annum
Benefits of achieving the Six Sigma Certification
- Differentiate yourself
- Demonstrate your commitment to ongoing education and professional standards
- Increase your marketability
- Promote best practice in your field
|1. introduction to lean six sigma|
|Introduction to Lean Six Sigma||00:14:00|
|Six Sigma And The Organization||00:00:00|
|2. define phase|
|Voice of the Customers||00:29:00|
|Fundamentals of Project Management||00:35:00|
|Management & Planning Tools Part-1||00:22:00|
|Management & Planning Tools Part-2||01:10:00|
|Business Results for Projects Part-1||00:34:00|
|Business Results for Projects Part-2||00:00:00|
|3. measure phase|
|Process Analysis And Documentation-Part 1||00:46:00|
|Process Analysis And Documentation-Part 2||01:32:00|
|Collecting and Summarizing Data Part-1||00:49:00|
|Collecting and Summarizing Data Part-2||00:00:00|
|Collecting and Summarizing Data Part-1||00:34:00|
|Process And Performance Capability And Measure Phase Summary And Review||00:00:00|
|4. analyse phase|
|Exploratory Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing Part-1||00:34:00|
|Exploratory Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing Part-2||00:00:00|
|Exploratory Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing Part-3||00:00:00|
|Process Drivers Part-1||01:57:00|
|Process Drivers Part-2||00:00:00|
|Process Drivers Part-3||00:00:00|
|Process Drivers Part-4||00:00:00|
|Process Drivers Part-5||00:00:00|
|5. improve phase|
|Design of Experiments (DOE) Part-1||00:37:00|
|Design of Experiments (DOE) Part-2||00:00:00|
|Root Cause Analysis Part-1||01:06:00|
|Root Cause Analysis Part-2||00:00:00|
|Root Cause Analysis Demo||00:00:00|
|6. control phase|
|Statistical Process Control||00:14:00|
|Lean Tools For Process Control||01:02:00|
|7. exam preparation & key concepts|
|Exam Preparation & Key Concepts||03:12:00|
|Mock Exam: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt||03:00:00|
|additional study materials|
|Statistical Quality Control||00:00:00|
|official exam supporting documents|
|Green Belt Exam||00:00:00|
|official exam bookings|
|EXAM BOOKINGS – SIX SIGMA||00:00:00|