What Will I Learn?
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt follows the Green Belt training and is the secondary level on how to demonstrate knowledge and skills of Six Sigma tools and techniques. The course will teach you the history of Lean Six Sigma and help you become a valuable and skilled employee within an organisation. The Yellow Belt course is for individuals who want to continue to make improvements in techniques and strategy. It is an excellent way to showcase your knowledge and tell your employer that you are ready to take on more. The course will give you the skills and strategy to support this journey.
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt will give insight to learners on how to solve basic problems using core concepts, principles and methods. Additionally, the course focuses on applying real-world experiences and scenarios to make it easier for the learner to visualise how to utilise Six Sigma activities within an organisation. Gain an understanding and build competency in 5 phases which include Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control. (DMAIC)
The course will cover key topics on understanding updated language and terminology, learn about breakthrough formulas, understand the roles and responsibilities within a project, understand a problem and how to close gaps using methodologies and principles.
Who is it for?
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training is recommended for all those in an organisation who want to get an overview of the concepts, tools and methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma.
This course is suitable for Senior Managers, Department Managers, Line Managers, Internal Consultants, Change Agents, Project Managers, Team Leaders and subject matter experts in your business.
This online Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course has been designed for 20-25 guided learning hours.
- Gain an understanding of DMAIC, DMADV methodologies
- Learn about culture, teamwork and change to the management
- Identify projects and participate in them to make sound improvements
- Gain practical tips to advance your career and transform your business
- Learn how to bring improvements and change to the business processes
- The ability to move across industries seamlessly
Method of Assessment:
After you have familiarised yourself with the Six Sigma terminology, have a good understanding of 5 phases, and have successfully passed any mock exams you should be ready to take the final exam.
- Number of questions: 60 Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration: 2 hours
- Pass mark: 70%
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Yellow Belt (ICYB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 230 points out of a total 300 points
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam
- There is no limitation or time restriction on examination retakes. Need to pay retake exam fee separately each retake
- All questions are multiple choice
- Results are sent within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam papers
- Type of Exam: Proctored exam based
- The sole objective of the exams is to measure knowledge not work or project experience
All exams are available in English. IASSC Certified Yellow Belt exams are also available in French.
All IASSC exams are closed book exams. IASSC provides a Reference Document, that contains all formulas and tables one will need during the examination.
For those who wish to sit for the exam, it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program.
The exam syllabus is based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge (ILSSBOK), developed as a result of research conducted over a two-year period, among 1000 companies.
This course package includes the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt official Exam and you do not need to purchase the exam separately. Please contact our Help Desk for further information.
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive Certificates IASSC Certified Yellow Belt (ICYB), suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, PEOPLECERT.
This certification to fill a variety of positions such as:
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Process Development Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Project Engineer
- Director, Performance Excellence
Benefits of achieving the Six Sigma Certification
- Differentiate yourself
- Demonstrate your commitment to ongoing education and professional standards
- Increase your marketability
- Promote best practice in your field
|1. fundamentals of lean six sigma|
|Introduction to Lean Six Sigma||00:14:00|
|Understanding Six Sigma||00:23:00|
|Implementing Lean Six Sigma||00:17:00|
|2. define phase|
|01. Define – Understanding Six Sigma||00:00:00|
|02. Define – Six Sigma Fundamentals||00:00:00|
|03. Define – Selecting Projects||00:00:00|
|04. Define – Elements of Waste||00:00:00|
|05. Define – Wrap Up and Action Items||00:00:00|
|3. measure phase|
|01. Measure Phase – Introduction to Measure Phase||00:00:00|
|02. Measure Phase – Process Discovery||00:00:00|
|03. Measure Phase – Six Sigma Statistics||00:00:00|
|04. Measure Phase – Measurement System Analysis||00:00:00|
|05. Measure Phase – Process Capability||00:00:00|
|06. Measure Phase – Wrap Up and Action Items||00:00:00|
|4. control phase|
|01. Control Phase – Introduction to Control Phase||00:00:00|
|02. Control Phase- Lean Controls||00:00:00|
|03. Control Phase – Six Sigma Control Plans||00:00:00|
|04. Control Phase – Wrap Up and Action Items||00:00:00|
|5. additional materials|
|Additional Course Materials- Six Sigma Yellow Belt||00:00:00|
|6. mock exam|
|Mock Exam: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt||01:00:00|
|official exam supporting documents|
|Yellow Belt Exam||00:00:00|
|official exam bookings|
|EXAM BOOKINGS – SIX SIGMA||00:00:00|