What Will I Learn?
Welcome to the emerging landscape of contractors and temps
A contractor, or temporary employee (temp), is anyone you ask to do work for you who is not an employee.
There are many motivations for a business to hire temporary employees as they are able to remain flexible in an uncertain economy. Managers hire contract workers to keep costs down, as unlike a full-time employee, contractors are not paid a regular salary or benefits. Also, if you are experiencing skill shortage, for example, contractors are available when and where you need them. Or, perhaps extra resources are required to complete an urgent project.
With this course provided by Global Edulink, one of the UK’s leading training providers, you will discover that contractors and temporary employees offer managers a variety of unique solutions as well as presenting unique challenges. Learn how to incorporate these dedicated professionals into your strategic plan to maximise their effectiveness and that of your business.
This course teaches you how to manage your contractors, temporary employees, and contingent workers, such as vetting them carefully, providing them with an orientation of your company, and providing them with an adequate payment plan. The course also gives guidelines on providing clear goals and instructions, and setting clear expectations that are followed up with clear communication and feedback at quality checkpoints. You will examine the legal pitfalls concerned, and finally, look at how best to work with temporary agencies.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will become familiar with the emerging landscape of hiring contractors which many businesses are now adopting, and understand how to effectively get the best out of contractors and temporary employees.
Who is it for?
- Aimed at businesses that use contractors.
- Professionals looking to deepen their understanding of human resource and management responsibilities, and how to effectively undertake these.
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Having good education background will be advantage to study this course.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Managing Contractors and Temporary Employees.
This course would benefit the following:
- Senior Manager
- Technology Delivery Lead Manager
- Project Manager
- Transition Lead Project Manager
- Strategic Manager
|1.managing contractors and temporary employees|
|How to Manage Contractors and Temporary Employees||00:36:00|
|2.hiring temporary employees|
|Process of Hiring Temporary Employees||00:25:00|
|3.managing contingent workers|
|Handling Contingent Workers||00:22:00|
|Definition of Legal Pitfalls||00:26:00|
|5.working with temporary agencies|
|How to Work with Temporary Agencies||00:23:00|
|Module Book_The Experts Teachiques – Managing People||05:50:00|
|Mock Exam : Managing Contractors and Temporary Employees||00:40:00|
|Exam : Managing Contractors and Temporary Employees||00:40:00|