Become a teacher and inspire your students!
Teachers play a crucial role in society and can have a huge impact on the lives of their students, making it a worthwhile career. Not only is it a highly satisfying job, it is a profession which is in huge demand at the moment, so there is plenty of work available for any qualified teachers. Once you are qualified, it is a role needed everywhere, so you are guaranteed employment wherever you are.
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (CET) is suitable for those already in a teaching role who want to build their skills, as well as for people not currently involved in teaching or teacher training but who are able to satisfy the practice requirements set out in the mandatory and optional course units (including submitting three teaching observations).
Throughout this online course, you will be supported by our mentor team of tutors and assessors. You will also be given all the essential study materials, including tutorial videos, guidance on assessment portfolios and a copy of the recommended text: Gravells, A. (2013), The Award in Education and Training, Revised Edition, Sage Publication.
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training prepares trainee teachers and trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts. To achieve the qualification, there is a requirement for teaching practice that requires observation and assessment of performance.
The qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers and trainers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualification
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice, of the qualification.
- Qualification type: BTEC Professional qualification
- Qualification title: Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level: Level 4
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 140
- Credits: 36
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 360
- Qualification number (QN): 601/1238/4
- Availability: UK and international
Methods of assessment:
This course is assessed by written assignment, learners must complete several written assignments and teaching sessions, which can be submitted on recorded video (the number of written/practical assignments you will need to complete depends upon which optional units you choose). All assignments must be submitted to the online portal within six months of the course start.
Additionally, you need to pay £499 + VAT for assessment, observation and certificate fee on submission of assessments or prior to undertaking teacher observations. The fee for Scotland and Ireland varies.
Upon successful completion of this course will be awarded a Pearson BTEC Level 4 Award in Education and Training and Training.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 3 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
BTEC Professional qualifications are qualifications at Level 4 to Level 8 that are designed to provide professional work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. The qualifications also provide career development opportunities for those already in work. Consequently, they provide a course of study for full-time or part-time learners in schools, colleges and training centres.
On successful completion of a BTEC Professional qualification, learners can progress to or within employment and/or continue their study in the same or related vocational area.
|Equity and Access Policy||00:00:00|
|Academic Appeals Policy||00:00:00|
|Application Form LEVEL 4 – CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING||00:00:00|
|Course Materials & Getting Started Instructions CET||00:00:00|
|Mandatory Units - Assignments|
|Unit 01: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 02: Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training (3 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 03 : Delivering education and training (6 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 04 : Assessing learners in education and training (6 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 5: Using resources for education and training (3 credits)||00:00:00|
|Optional Units - Assignment|
|Unit 30: Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area (15 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 34: Inclusive Practice (15 credits)||00:00:00|
|Unit 40: Teaching in a Specialist Area (15 credits)||00:00:00|
|Submit Your Assignments|
|Submit your work Level 4 (CET) – Pay||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.