BSc (Hons) Computing (Top-Up)
If you have previously completed an appropriate HND (or equivalent) then this Top-Up will enable you to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in Computing.
You will explore the technology, methods and evolving trends from the world of computing and acquire the practical skills that will help you pursue your career ambitions or further study.
BSc (Hons) Computing (Top-Up)
Speak to a Course Advisor
The BSc Computing (Top-Up) programme is designed to enable students who have previously completed an appropriate HND (or equivalent) to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in Computing by undertaking a rigorous study of theories, techniques and issues and acquiring the practical skills that are essential within the changing environment such that they can pursue related careers or further relevant academic study.
The programme is designed to provide opportunities for students to develop their knowledge and skills in computing in a flexible way. Learning materials have been developed which allow students to maximise the time they have available for study and the programme delivery provides additional support through either on-line or structured tutor lead sessions. The curriculum provides a broad based experience exposing the learner to a range of relevant aspects of computing in a progressive way.
More specifically the programme will:
- ♦Allow students to develop professional level skills and understanding across a range of computing disciplines.
- ♦Develop independence in learning and encourage a commitment to lifelong learning.
- ♦Encourage students to adopt problem-solving attitudes to their work.
- ♦Provide opportunities for students to consider ethical issues relating to computing.
- ♦Promote understanding of the key aspects of current practice in the field of computing while acknowledging current and emerging developments in related disciplines.
- ♦Equip students with the essential skills and tools to work professionally in a computing situation and to be creative and professional practitioners when working independently and when collaborating with others as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- ♦Enable students to communicate effectively through a variety of media and presentational forms to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- ♦Give students an appreciation of the continuing developments in computing and equip them to keep up to date with these developments.
- ♦Provide a stimulating online academic environment in which students can develop confidence as practitioners and as individuals who are part of a highly engaged community of learners and thereby to inspire students to become lifelong learners.
- ♦Enable students to work at an appropriate level in the development of web-based solutions.
To be eligible for this course you should have:
♦ A relevant HND or equivalent, provided that the total of your learning experience allows you to achieve the aims of the programme.
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
♦ IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
♦ Management in IT
♦ Current Trends in Networking
♦ Computer Systems Security
♦ e-Commerce Systems
♦ Computing Project
Assessments provide an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and so a variety of methods are used, these could include:
♦ Portfolios of work
♦ Complete design documentation
♦ Computer based activities
♦ Software development & project work
Some of the jobs that Computing graduates go into include:
♦ Software Engineer
♦ Application Programmer
♦ Systems Analysts & Designers
♦ IT Solutions Specialist
♦ Web Developer
If you wish to apply, please click on the link below. Your application should take no longer than five minutes to complete. Please try and provide as much detail as possible so we can properly advise you on the next steps. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our dedicated course advisors will contact you within 48 hours.