Learn the Secrets to helping other people
Counselling has a huge impact on people’s lives, whether its marriage counselling, mental health counselling or rehabilitation counselling, it facilitates change and growth in people. An individual can benefit hugely from working through their problems and concerns with a counsellor, who has the right approach and adequate knowledge to guide them to a happier life. With our Counselling Diploma, you can become an agent of change and have a positive influence on the lives of many.
To become a successful Counsellor it is important to understand the history of counselling and psychotherapy, to understand the ethical and legal issued that surround it and to understand the various techniques that are used while counselling someone, matters which are all dealt with on this course. Counselling is an excellent career choice because of its high demand and the fact that you can carry it out from your own home, during the hours you prefer. In addition, you could go on to become a Clinical Psychologist, a Family Support Worker, a Life Coach or a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, working either from home or within a professional setting
There are different levels at which counselling can be studied, and this course is perfect for anyone who has completed the Level 2 course in Counselling successfully and would like to continue developing their knowledge further. As well as this, it would suit any individual with a sound educational background or with some prior experience or knowledge of a related subject. Learners are able to study in their own home at their own pace, as we will deliver expert teaching straight to you. Our online course is so well designed you will feel that you are in the classroom! This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study effectively and guide you to secure your qualification.
Some of the benefits of the course include:
- Understanding the differences between the modes of complimentary therapy given to those interested in discussion therapy
- How to gather information and conduct research
- Develop efficient counselling abilities and learn how to interact effectively and professionally with outside organizations
- Discover ways to enhance effective communication with your client
- Learn to understand client preferences without engagement from others
- A great awareness of the dimensions of setting up a private business and how to achieve their duty as a counsellor
- How to properly facilitate and structure client appointments and facilitate reports as well as client progress
Who is it for?
This qualification is designed for candidates who have already obtained a recognised qualification in counselling abilities and prefer to:
- Be prepared for work as a certified counsellor in a professional environment
- Learn more about counseling ethics, theory, and mental health
- Take the next stage in training to be a counsellor
- This course is available to all students of all academic backgrounds, but a sound educational background would be an advantage
- Students must be ages 17 or above to join the qualification
- Plus, a basic understanding of the English language, ICT, numeracy, and literacy are essential to attend this course
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying forNUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful graduates will be awarded a Diploma in Counselling. – Level 3.
This qualification opens up many career paths for you, including:
- Government Support Services
- Residential Services
- Community Organizations
- Family Support
|1. A History of Counselling and Psychotherapy|
|A History of Counselling and Psychotherapy||00:28:00|
|2. The Role of a Counsellor|
|The role of the Professional Counselor||00:32:00|
|The Process of Counseling||00:45:00|
|3. Theoretical Approaches to Counselling|
|Theoretical Approaches to Counselling – Part One||00:44:00|
|Theoretical Approaches to Counselling – Part two||00:51:00|
|4. Legal and Ethical Issues|
|Legal and Ethical Issues||00:29:00|
|5. Human Growth and Development|
|Human Growth and Development||00:40:00|
|6. Counselling in Education|
|Counselling in Education||00:33:00|
|7. An Overview of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation Counselling|
|An Overview of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation Counselling||00:37:00|
|8. Social and Cultural Elements of Counselling|
|Social and Cultural Elements of Counselling||00:22:00|
|9. A Study of Family, Marriage and Career Counselling|
|Family Counselling and Marriage||00:40:00|
|What is Career Counseling?||00:34:00|
|10. Definitions of Group Counselling|
|Definitions of Group Counselling||00:36:00|
|Mock Exam: Counselling Diploma – (Level 3)||01:00:00|
|Exam: Counselling Diploma – Level 3||01:00:00|