The baking and cake decorating industry are currently at an all-time high, and people are always seeking qualified cake decorating professionals for weddings, birthdays, and other special occasions. People nowadays are busy, and will often turn to professional cake decorators to create the perfect cake for their special day. The cake baking and decorating industry is reportedly worth a whopping £3.6 billion, and this has been steadily growing since the launch of The Great British Bake Off. So, if you hope to become a professional Baker or Cake Decorator, there has never been a better time to get qualified.
With the help of this Diploma in Baking and Cake Designing, you will learn how to bake and decorate cakes to an exceptionally high standard. This course provides a complete guide to preparing cakes, including recipes, making fondant, icing techniques and layer creation. Whether you are someone who has experience in baking, or if you are a beginner, there is something for everyone in this comprehensive Baking & Cake Decorating course. We will guide you through the basics of Baking & Cake Decorating and support you through mastering those more tricky techniques.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Gain a full understanding of how to decorate with fondant
- Develop a thorough understanding of how to bake and assemble a cake
- Learn how to make fondant, present your cake, and serve your cake
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to learn all of the fundamentals of Baking & Cake Decorating and gain a recognised, accredited culinary qualification. If you are a culinary student, this course would be a fantastic addition to your studies.
- Free examination and official e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Getting Started
- Module 02: Icing
- Module 03: Making Fondant
- Module 04: How Important is Taste
- Module 05: Decorating with Fondant
- Module 06: Putting it all Together
- Module 07: Presentation and Serving
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Baking and Cake Designing – Level 3.
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Progression and Career Path:
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Cake Decorator (average UK yearly salary: £21,073)
Typical duties include:
- Discuss cake design ideas with clients
- Create designs for potential cakes
- Create cakes and decorate them to order
- Check stock levels and buy ingredients
- Promote your cake decorating business
- If you’re self-employed, keep accounts
- Keep all supplies and baking areas clean and tidy
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Baker (average UK yearly salary: £18,238)
- Cook (average UK yearly salary: £14,388)
- Pastry Chef (average UK yearly salary: £20,798)
- Sous Chef (average UK yearly salary: £21,164)
(Average salaries are according to payscale.com)
|1: getting started|
|3: making fondant|
|4: how important is taste|
|How Important is Taste||00:00:00|
|5: decorating with fondant|
|Decorating with Fondant||00:00:00|
|6: putting it all together|
|Putting it all Together||00:00:00|
|7: presentation and serving|
|Presentation and Serving||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam : Diploma in Baking and Cake Designing||00:50:00|
|Exam : Diploma in Baking and Cake Designing||00:50:00|
No Reviews found for this course.