The cake decorating industry are currently at an all-time high, and people are always seeking qualified cake decorating professionals for weddings, birthdays, and other special occasions. People nowadays are busy, and will often turn to professional cake decorators to create the perfect cake for their special day. The cake decorating industry is reportedly worth a whopping £3.6 billion, and this has been steadily growing since the launch of The Great British Bake Off. So, if you hope to become a professional Cake Decorator or Pastry Chef, there has never been a better time to get qualified.
With the help of this Diploma in Cake Decorating, you will learn how to bake and decorate cakes to an exceptionally high standard. This course provides a complete guide to preparing cakes, including how to bake cakes, various decorating styles, how to pack and distribute cake, how to undertake cake projects. Whether you are someone who has experience in baking, or if you are a beginner, there is something for everyone in this comprehensive Cake Decorating course. We will guide you through the basics of Cake Decorating and support you through mastering trickier and more advanced techniques.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Gain a full understanding of how to undertake cake projects
- Develop a thorough understanding of how to bake and assemble a cake
- Understand various decorating methods and styles
- Understand how to pack and distribute cakes
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to learn all of the fundamentals of Cake Decorating and gain a recognised, accredited culinary qualification. If you are a culinary student, this course would be a fantastic addition to your studies. This course is also ideal for anyone hoping to become a Pastry Chef, and will contribute towards professional training.
- Free examination and official e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Cake Projects
- Module 02: Decorating Cakes
- Module 03: Baking
- Module 04: Cake Recipes
- Module 05: Baking the Cakes and Decorating
- Module 06: Decorating Methods and Styles
- Module 07: Packing and Distribution of Cake
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Cake Decorating – Level 3.
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Progression and Career Path:
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Cake Decorator (average UK yearly salary: £21,073)
Typical duties include:
- Discuss cake design ideas with clients
- Create designs for potential cakes
- Create cakes and decorate them to order
- Check stock levels and buy ingredients
- Promote your cake decorating business
- If you’re self-employed, keep accounts
- Keep all supplies and baking areas clean and tidy
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Baker (average UK yearly salary: £18,238)
- Cook (average UK yearly salary: £14,388)
- Pastry Chef (average UK yearly salary: £20,798)
- Sous Chef (average UK yearly salary: £21,164)
(Average salaries are according to payscale.com)
|1: cake projects|
|2: decorating cakes|
|4: cake recipes|
|5: baking the cakes and decorating|
|Baking the Cakes and Decorating||00:00:00|
|6: decorating methods and styles|
|Decorating Methods and Styles||00:00:00|
|7: packing and distribution of cake|
|Packing and Distribution of Cake||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Baking & Cake Decorating Diploma – Level 3||00:30:00|
|Exam: Baking & Cake Decorating Diploma – Level 3||00:30:00|