An Animal Physical Therapist is someone who provides rehabilitative care for animals who have gone through surgery, sustained an injury, or who suffer from chronic pain. Physical therapy can help to speed up an animal’s recovery and improve its quality of life. There is a huge industry for pet an animal care across the world, and in the UK alone there are 20,000 animal care businesses, employing 200,000 people, so it’s a good time to gain an animal care qualification.
This Diploma in Animal Care has been created by experts within the animal care industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: the anatomy. Pet assessment, therapeutic exercises, and how to work with veterinary professionals. During this course you will be given extremely helpful tips and knowledge regarding how to begin a successful Animal Physical Therapist career.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Understand various therapeutic exercises for animals
- Understand how to assess a pet and recommend action
- Understand how to work with veterinary professionals
- Understand how to carry out physical therapy for pets
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is ideally suited to those who wish to become an Animal Physical therapist.
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: When Physio Isn’t Safe
- Module 3: Physiotherapy
- Module 4: Anatomy for Physiotherapy
- Module 5: Physio and Your Pet Assessment
- Module 6: Physio and Your Pet Action
- Module 7: Therapeutic Exercises
- Module 8: The Bigger Picture
- Module 9: Partnerships with Veterinary Professionals
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy – Level 3.
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Progression and Career Path:
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Animal Physical Therapist (average UK yearly salary: £18,500)
Typical duties include:
- Observe animals and perform examinations
- Create a treatment plan
- Communicate with clients and veterinarians
- Use laser therapy, ultrasound, shockwave and radiography equipment
- Perform stretches and massages on animal patients
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Animal Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
(Average salaries are according to payscale.com)
|2: when physio isnt safe|
|When Physio Isnt Safe||00:00:00|
|4: anatomy for physiotherapy|
|Anatomy for Physiotherapy||00:00:00|
|5: physio and your pet assessment|
|Physio and Your Pet Assessment||00:00:00|
|6: physio and your pet action|
|Physio and Your Pet Action||00:00:00|
|7: therapeutic exercises|
|8: the bigger picture|
|The Bigger Picture||00:00:00|
|9: partnerships with veterinary professionals|
|Partnerships with Veterinary Professionals||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy – Level 3||01:00:00|
|Exam: Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy – Level 3||01:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.