What Will I Learn?
Learning accounting for small businesses can be a very worthwhile experience.
Accounting is practical and can be put to good use, benefiting small businesses which are often run without any accounting knowledge or standard practices. Small business accounting involves basics of the accounting cycle plus inventory control, if needed. Accounting does not need to be complicated or full of steps, it can be simple and effective for the small firm.
The course covers which kinds of information need to be included and which systems should be used to record them. The course explains methods for improving and forecasting cash flow or budgets within the business, as well as outlining how to respond to purchase and sales invoices. There is also a module explaining the importance of effective credit control, including how to successfully speak to and deal with late-paying customers.
This course gives you a skill set which includes the day-to-day financial operations tasks carried out by small to medium-sized businesses.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
This Small Business Accounting course provides small business owners, bookkeepers and management with the information they need to create an effective, reliable accounting and bookkeeping system in their businesses.
Who is it for?
- This Small Business Accounting course will be of great interest to business owners and business professionals who would like to better understand the transactions and controls used in business, and to any learner interested in accounting as a future career.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the key topics listed under the curriculum. This course has been designed for 15 guided learning hours.
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded certificate for “Certificate in Small Business Accounting”.
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a basic understanding of accounts would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course in small business accounting will supplement your other accounting certifications and qualify you for an array of job positions within the accounting or finance industry. This course is also a great opportunity for you to progress in your career by demanding for salary increments and job promotions from your organisation. Given below are few of the job positions you can qualify for with this course, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com,
- Finance Controller – £46,887 per annum
- Accountant – £28,599 per annum
- Finance Manger – £38,059 per annum
- Payroll Administrator – £20,010 per annum
- Account Clark – £17,205 per annum
- Bookkeeper – £20,729 per annum
- Account Assistant – £20,341 per annum
- Office Administrator – £17,448 per annum
- Office Manager – £24,398 per annum
- Accounts Payable Clerk – £19,766 per annum
- Accounts Receivable Clerk – £20,228 per annum
- Payroll Clerk – £18,528 per annum
- Staff Accountant – £23,858 per annum
|1: introduction to accounting|
|Introduction to Accounting||00:33:00|
|2: financial statements|
|3: assets and liabilities|
|Assets and Liabilities||00:07:00|
|4: accounting transactions|
|5: inventory and cost methods|
|Inventory and Cost Methods||00:10:00|
|6: stakeholders and equity|
|Stakeholders and Equity||00:07:00|
|7: managerial accounting|
|8: cost accounting|
|9: costs and expenses|
|Costs and Expenses||00:08:00|
|10: budgetary control|
|11: analysis and decision making|
|Analysis and Decision Making||00:08:00|
|module book- accounting for small business|
|Module Book- Accounting for Small Business||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Small Business Accounting||00:40:00|
|Exam: Small Business Accounting||00:40:00|