What Will I Learn?
Understand the basics of Statistics
Statistics are a core skill used in many careers. Basic statistics are critical for making decisions, investments, new discoveries, and even predictions. With this Statistics Essentials course from Global Edulink, learners will gain an understanding of the fundamentals and gain a better understanding of the statistical world.
Statistics are used in a range of different careers across many sectors, and a qualification in this subject can help secure such positions as: Business Analyst, Economist, Researcher, Data Analyst or Pharmaceutical Engineer. This course is extremely beneficial for individuals who need a refresher in statistics or for those that never had a chance to study the subject before.
Through 12 different modules the course will explain the basics of statistics and how they can be applied in business, research and more. From the base introduction you will progress to higher levels statistics, ending up with a well-rounded knowledge of the subject. Learn more about data as a whole and how it can be managed as well as the base of probability.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
Who is it for?
- Those working in business, business analytics, and data science
- Anyone who wants to go beyond the basics and gain a deeper understanding of how statistics work in the real world
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This test is marked automatically, so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a sound educational background would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course
Successful students will be awarded a certificate in Statistics Essentials.
This course in statistics essentials is sure to enhance your CV and open up many job opportunities for you in the corporate world. You can also use this course to study further in the subject to build on your knowledge and to progress in your career. Listed below are few of the job positions this course will open for you, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com,
- Data Scientist – £35,735 per annum
- Statistician – £31,182 per annum
- Technical Analyst – £28,316 per annum
- Statistical Analyst – £29,428 per annum
- Research Analyst – £26,806 per annum
|01. introduction to the course|
|Introduction to the Course||00:04:00|
|02. explore the world of statistics|
|Explore the World of Statistics||00:12:00|
|03. identifying the center of the data|
|Identifying the Center of the Data||00:13:00|
|04. definition of data variability|
|Definition of Data Variability||00:14:00|
|05. explaining distribution and relative position|
|Explaining Distribution and Relative Position||00:09:00|
|06. a brief introduction to probability|
|A Brief Introduction to Probability||00:12:00|
|07. understanding multiple event probability|
|Understanding Multiple Event Probability||00:20:00|
|08. how to arrange objects?|
|How to arrange Objects?||00:07:00|
|09. probability distributions: discrete vs. continuous|
|Probability Distributions: Discrete vs. Continuous||00:03:00|
|10. learning about discrete probability distributions|
|Learning about Discrete Probability Distributions||00:14:00|
|11. overview of continuous probability distributions|
|Overview of Continuous Probability Distributions||00:11:00|
|12. the end|
|exercise files: statistics essentials|
|Exercise Files: Statistics Essentials||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Statistics Essentials||00:40:00|
|Exam: Statistics Essentials||00:40:00|