Animal care has become a huge industry over the last few years, so it’s no surprise that there are 20,000 animal care businesses in the UK. The animal care sector employs over 200,000 people in the UK, so the industry is always seeking qualified professionals. It has never been a better time to gain an animal care qualification, and once your qualified you can work in all kinds of establishments, zoos, kennels, catteries, or you could even begin your own animal care business. As you can see, with an animal care qualification you’ll have loads of options!
This Diploma in Animal Care has been created by experts within the animal care industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: how to create a portfolio, and how to apply for veterinary college. During this course you will be given extremely helpful tips and knowledge regarding how to begin a successful animal care career.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Understand how to gain work experience
- Learn how to use social media and network
- Understand how to create a portfolio and CV
- Understand how to apply for veterinary college
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is ideal for anyone hoping to attend veterinary college, or for those who would like to begin an animal care career. The course will be your own careers advisor, helping you to gain work experience, craft the perfect CV, and market yourself to potential employers within the animal care sector.
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Brainstorming and Research
- Module 02: Gaining Professional Experience
- Module 03: Volunteering and Internships
- Module 04: Portfolios, CV, and Application
- Module 05: Social Media and Networking
- Module 06: Applying for the Vet School
- Module 07: Health related Careers I
- Module 08: Health related Careers II
- Module 09: Pet related Careers
- Module 10: Animal related Careers
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Animal Care Career Training
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Progression and Career Path:
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Veterinary Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
Typical duties include:
- Cleaning out and changing bedding
- Ensuring that animal enclosures are maintained
- Grooming and socialising animals
- Preparing food and feeding animals
- Assisting with moving animals
- Dog walking
- Checking for signs of illness
- Keeping relevant records
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Dog Groomer (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
(Average salaries are according to payscale.com)
|1: brainstorming and research|
|Brainstorming and Research||00:00:00|
|2: gaining professional experience|
|Gaining Professional Experience||00:00:00|
|3: volunteering and internships|
|Volunteering and Internships||00:00:00|
|4: portfolios, cv, and application|
|Portfolios, CV, and Application||00:00:00|
|5: social media and networking|
|Social Media and Networking||00:00:00|
|6: applying for the vet school|
|Applying for the Vet School||00:00:00|
|7: health related careers i|
|Health related Careers I||00:00:00|
|8: health related careers ii|
|Health related Careers II||00:00:00|
|9: pet related careers|
|Pet related Careers||00:00:00|
|10: animal related careers|
|Animal related Careers||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.