Animal care has become a huge industry over the last few years, so it’s no surprise that there are 20,000 animal care businesses in the UK. The animal care sector employs over 200,000 people in the UK, so the industry is always seeking qualified professionals. It has never been a better time to gain a Dog Behaviour and Training qualification, and once your qualified you can work in all kinds of establishments as a Dog Trainer.
This Diploma in Dog Behaviour and Training – Level 3 has been created by experts within the animal care industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: dog psychology, reward based training, training theory, how to correct problem behaviour, and advanced training. You’ll develop your own excellent dog training technique, which you can use to put into practice in the workplace.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Understand the basic principles of dog training
- Understand reward based training
- Learn how to correct problem behaviour
- Understand advanced training techniques
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is ideally suited for those who would like to begin a successful career as a Dog Trainer. You could work freelance, or can join an established dog training facility. If you have a passion for dogs, then this course is for you.
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 1 Dog Psychology
- Module 2 What Every Dog Secretly Craves
- Module 3 Basic Training Theory
- Module 4 Reward based training
- Module 5 Basic Training Practical
- Module 6 Correcting Problem Behaviors
- Module 7 Small dog syndrome
- Module 8 Advanced Training
- Module 9 Make your Dog happy
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Dog Behaviour and Training – Level 3.
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Progression and Career Path:
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Dog Trainer (average US yearly salary: $35,541)
Typical duties include:
- Taking referrals from vets
- Holding consultations with animals and owners
- Conversing with owners and observing animals
- Trying to gauge the nature of behaviour problems
- Writing a behaviour or training plan
- Carrying out training with dogs
- Helping owners to learn training techniques
- Holding dog training classes
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Animal Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
(Average salaries are according to payscale.com)
|1: dog psychology|
|2: what every dog secretly craves|
|What Every Dog Secretly Craves||00:00:00|
|3: basic training theory|
|Basic Training Theory||00:00:00|
|4: reward based training|
|Reward based training||00:00:00|
|5: basic training practical|
|Basic Training Practical||00:00:00|
|6: correcting problem behaviors|
|Correcting Problem Behaviors||00:00:00|
|7: small dog syndrome|
|Small dog syndrome||00:00:00|
|8: advanced training|
|9: make your dog happy|
|Make your Dog happy||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.