What Will I Learn?
Mastering Information System Management
Every business or company today requires an excellent IT system and effective management of this system, which is what makes Information Systems Managers so sought after. This position involves the implementation and management of computer and IT systems. As well as this, an Information Systems Manager will liaise between an organisation’s management team and IT specialists. Someone who does this job could also be known as: a Functional Manager, a Service Delivery Manager or a Systems Manager.
As you can imagine, this career is highly profitable and in demand, once qualified there are a range of positions open to you in any number of companies.
This course is designed to teach you the following:
- Information system of an organisation
- Systems and Hardware of Technology
- Application software and system software
- Extranet, intranet, and the internet
- Technology for network systems
- Specialised information systems and decision support system
- System development
- Social, ethical and business implications and other issues
- Data management
- Introduction to programming
- Study of business
Aside from this, you will also gain an understanding of business management, with focus on areas such as, contracting, business law and human resources.
Thus, you have the opportunity to analyse the needs of both the individuals within a company, and the economic needs of the company. This certificate also demonstrates outstanding organisational, problem solving and communications skills. So as you can see, those who successfully pass the course will be highly employable and in demand.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
Who is it for:
- This course would be ideal for anyone already working within the IT industry hoping to move into a manager position
- This course would also suit anyone who is new to IT and is hoping to work in systems management
- This course would also suit anyone working in management who would like to move into the IT industry
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, some experience with IT systems would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This test is marked automatically, so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded Certificate in Mastering Information System Management.
With this certificate in your resume, you are sure to stand apart from the other candidates and secure yourself a rewarding job position within the IT industry. This certificate can also be the answer to your career progression dreams as it helps put you in line to demand for salary increments and job promotions from your employer. Given as follows are some of the job positions this course will help you secure, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com,
- Business analyst – £35,800 per annum
- IT consultant – £39,938 per annum
- Application developer – £29,901 per annum
- System analyst – £29,883 per annum
- Database administrator – £29,982 per annum
- Business intelligence analyst – £30,504 per annum
- System developer – £31,684 per annum
|1. understanding information systems in organizations|
|Understanding Information Systems in Organizations||00:23:00|
|2. systems technologies and hardware|
|Systems Technologies and Hardware||00:40:00|
|3. explore systems software and application software|
|Explore Systems Software and Application Software – Part one||00:46:00|
|Explore Systems Software and Application Software – Part two||00:45:00|
|4. explaining internet, intranet, and extranet|
|Explaining Internet, Intranet, and Extranet||01:17:00|
|5. overview of network systems technology|
|Overview of Network Systems Technology||01:28:00|
|6. understanding enterprise business systems|
|Understanding Enterprise Business Systems||01:01:00|
|7. what are decision support systems and specialized information systems? and systems development|
|What are Decision Support Systems and Specialized Information Systems?||01:06:00|
|Definition of Systems Development||00:35:00|
|8. explore data management|
|Explore Data Management – Part one||00:43:00|
|Explore Data Management – Part two||00:38:00|
|9. identifying business, social, and ethical implications and issues|
|Identifying Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues||01:09:00|
|10. programming fundamentals|
|Programming Fundamentals – Part One||01:03:00|
|Programming Fundamentals – Part Two||00:45:00|
|Mock Exam: Mastering information system management||00:40:00|
|Exam: Mastering information system management||00:40:00|