What Will I Learn?
Is your teaching as effective as it could be?
We support excellence in higher education, but we understand that society is changing, and with it teaching is changing. If you work in teaching this course can help you become the best educator you can be. Maintain a high quality of teaching with our useful modules, providing you with methods and strategies to use during your lessons. This course is particularly useful as it includes modules on how to use technology within your lessons.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
Who is it for?
- New lecturers, or experienced lecturers wishing to improve their teaching skills, and particularly those delivering accredited courses in higher education
- Those working in adult learning and educational development
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. It would be useful to have acquired some experience in teaching, but not essential.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This test is marked automatically, so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Teaching Strategies for Higher Education
With this certificate in your CV, you are sure to win various job positions within the teaching industry. You could also use this course to build on your knowledge and to request for salary increments and job promotions from the organisation. Given below are few of the job positions this course will be worthwhile in, along with the average UK salary per annum according to https://www.payscale.com,
- Professor, Higher Education – £66,742 per annum
- High School Teacher – £28,177 per annum
- Teaching Assistant – £12,219 per annum
- Tutor – £22,352 per annum
|01. introduction to the course|
|Introduction to the Course||00:02:00|
|02. respecting, knowing and understanding your students|
|Respecting, Knowing and Understanding Your Students||00:12:00|
|03. being enthusiastic and passionate|
|Being Enthusiastic and Passionate||00:16:00|
|04. how to maintain academic rigor|
|How to Maintain Academic Rigor||00:12:00|
|05. using technology inside the classroom|
|Using Technology Inside the Classroom||00:12:00|
|06. how to encourage active learning and critical thinking?|
|How to encourage Active Learning and Critical Thinking?||00:11:00|
|07. knowing and updating your field and material|
|knowing and Updating Your Field and material||00:10:00|
|08. how to be flexible?|
|How to be Flexible?||00:07:00|
|09. how to connect to the world outside of academia|
|How to Connect To The World Outside of Academia||00:11:00|
|10. collaborating,engaging, and interacting with peers|
|Collaborating,Engaging, and Interacting With Peers||00:12:00|
|11. the conclusion|
|exercise files:teaching strategies for higher education|
|Exercise Files:Teaching Strategies for Higher Education||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Teaching Strategies for Higher Education||00:40:00|
|Exam: Teaching Strategies for Higher Education||00:40:00|
No Reviews found for this course.