Trusting and supporting your technical team will help them achieve their collaborative goals
If you are interested in becoming an accomplished manager of technical professionals, this training will supply you with valuable, real-life management techniques to enable you to achieve your goals.
Technical professionals are increasingly expected to be dynamic and interactive team players who work with executives to craft technological solutions to corporate problems. Although your technical knowledge may be limited, you must effectively manage a group of “techies” who often don’t have the communication and business skills needed to successfully engage in collaborative projects. To do this you must earn the respect of your team by using your unique perspective and abilities, while acknowledging your limitations. Even without technical knowledge, a manager provides organisational, motivational, and leadership skills and can effectively facilitate communication between technical professionals and the larger organisation. The aim is to enable your team to shine by enlisting their participation and investing in their development.
Being one of the key leaders of training in the UK, Global Edulink aims to give managers a complete overview of how to effectively lead technical professionals. During this course you will cover material on high-tech business environments, and how to attract, motivate and retain valuable technical personnel. You will find discussions on how to establish and maintain credibility, examine management models, and gain an understanding of to develop your own career plans. Also you will gain an understanding of how, when inspired, these dedicated individuals can help support a company’s strategic objectives. But to do all this, they need assistance from managers to help identify their career goals. Overall, you will learn how to assist your organisation – and the technical professionals you manage – in reaching and exceeding their goals.
Moreover, our online course is so well designed you will feel that you are in the classroom! This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
Who is it for?
- Professionals looking to deepen their understanding of human resource and management responsibilities, and how to effectively undertake these.
- Managers who work in areas such as project management, the medical field, IT, and engineering.
- Individuals looking to progress from a non-technical to a technical management role.
Interest-free, flexible payment plans:
We want to make learning affordable and accessible for all, which is why we offer flexible, interest-free payment plans. The process is simple, enroll on your chosen course with a small deposit, and then pay a manageable monthly Direct Debit – which will not cost any extra, and you can get started straight away.
|Payment Method||Deposit (Incl. VAT)||Installment||Monthly Installments||Total Price (Incl. VAT)||Enrollment|
|Pay in Full||£119.00||x||x||£119.00||Enroll|
|Pay using 0% APR Installment Plan*||£29.00||£30.00||3||£119.00||Enroll|
Once we have received your deposit, you will get an online Direct Debit form via email. Complete it online and within 48 hours we will assign your course.
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, basic a sound academic background or managerial experience would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Diploma in Managing Team and Technical Staff – Level 3.
This course would be beneficial for the following roles:
- Manager of Medical Technicians
- Geospatial Technical Support Manager
- Technical Specialist Manager
- Statistical Programming Manager
- Manager of Project Engineers
- Manager of IT Technicians
|1. Course Introduction|
|2. Retaining, Motivating and Attracting Technical Professionals|
|Retaining, Motivating and Attracting Technical Professionals||00:21:00|
|3. Models for Handling Technical Professionals|
|Models for Handling Technical Professionals||00:44:00|
|4. How to Develop Career Plans for Your Technical Professionals|
|How to Develop Career Plans for Your Technical Professionals||00:19:00|
|Module Book 01 -Teamwork and Team Building||03:20:00|
|Module Book 02 – The Experts Teachiques – Managing People||00:00:00|
|Module Book 03 – Managing Team Members||05:00:00|
|Mock Exam: Diploma in Managing Team and Technical Staff – Level 3||01:00:00|
|Exam: Diploma in Managing Team and Technical Staff – Level 3||01:00:00|