Confidently and successfully collect payments over the phone
Global Edulink hosts the world’s best online education all in one place. We’re pleased to provide a course which is tailored to directly suit the role of the credit controller or professionals within a financial control position.
Credit control is the system used by businesses to make sure it gives credit only to customers who can pay, and that customers pay on time. Credit control is part of a critical system of financial controls that are employed by businesses, particularly in manufacturing, to ensure that once sales are made they’re realised as cash or liquid resources. This system encompasses several aspects that include credit approval, credit limit approval, and dispatch approvals, but as it’s quite a sensitive aspect, this course’s focuses on the collection process.
This practical course concentrates on the two areas vital to successful cash collection over the telephone: good technique and a confident approach. With clear and expert presentations, candidates will learn how to organise and carry out calls so that they secure a customer commitment every time.
- Recognise the importance of your role in the business
- Recognise the importance of good communication over the telephone and the impact it has on your success as a collections officer
- Use a well-organised and confident approach to every stage of a collections call, from initial preparation through to follow-up actions
- Recognise when customers are seeking to avoid payment and move to establish for both parties a win-win situation
- Learn how to make effective collections and use basic techniques to overcome excuses
- Get a payment commitment from every call
Who is it for?
- Employees whose role it is to report to the Finance Director or Risk Management Committee.
- Those looking to train to move into a financial collections role.
- Suitable for new and recently-appointed credit controllers and staff collecting outstanding trade debts over the telephone.
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a sound educational background would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
The Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Telephone Collections & Debit Management.
This course would benefit the following:
- Credit Controller
- Collections Assistant
- Collections Administrator
- Collections Officer
- Credit Co-Ordinator
- Customer Service Advisor
|1. introduction totelephone collections|
|Introduction toTelephone Collections||00:05:00|
|2. understanding collections|
|3. techniques of communication|
|Techniques of Communication||00:08:00|
|4. understanding and working with customers|
|Understanding and Working with Customers||00:22:00|
|5. understanding behavior styles|
|Understanding Behavior Styles||00:11:00|
|6. identifying effective collections|
|Identifying Effective Collections||00:11:00|
|7. understanding danger signals|
|Understanding Danger Signals||00:07:00|
|Module Book 01 – Telephone Etiquette||05:00:00|
|Module Book 02 – Communication Strategies||05:00:00|
|Mock Exam : TELEPHONE COLLECTIONS AND DEBIT MANAGEMENT||00:40:00|
|Exam: Telephone Collections and Debit Management||00:40:00|